Director General of Saritsa Foundation and two members participated in Global platform for Disaster Risk Reduction conference which was organized by United Nations International strategy for Disaster Reduction(UNISDR) at Geneva from 15 to 19 June 2009.
Colonel N M Verma at Global platform conference at Geneva.
Director General Saritsa Foundation making a Statement at Global plateform Geneva June 2009
Mr Vineet Verma, Shri Suhas Karnik with Dr. Walter J Ammann President Global Risks Forum,Davos
Mr. Salvano Briceno, Director UNISDR with Vineet Verma and Shri Suhas Karnik at a conference at Geneva
Colonel N M Verma Director General Saritsa Foundation participated and had an oral presentation at "Building a Local Government Alliance for Disaster Risk Reduction" conference at Incheon, Seoul, Republic of South Korea from 11-13 August 2009. Some of the photograph are give below:-
Colonel Nagar M Verma With Hong, Jong-II, Deputy Mayor, Incheon, Seoul, Korea at dinner during the conference
Colonel Nagar M Verma with Emeritus Mayor Peter Woods OAM, Secratary General, United Cities and Local Government and Asia Pasific
Deputy mayor, Incheon, Seoul displaying National campaign brochure of Saritsa Foundation
Colonel Nagar M Verma Presenting a paper as a oral presentation at the conference
Urban Risks Reduction Mumbai Initiative for minimizing risks from Disaster and impact of Climate Change launched on 14 October 2009 for a duration of 2 years. The Mumbai Risk Reduction Initiative shall have following phases:-
• Phase1- Organization of 100 workshops for school children and teachers. About 30,000 school children shall be educated and trained.
• Phase2- Organization of 72 workshops for communities, youth, NGO representatives, including Municipal corporation ward staff and employees of wards – total participants - 7,200 people.
• Phase3- Organization of 10 workshops for women groups. About 1000 women shall be mainstreamed in the process of risk reduction.
• Phase4- Organization of 10 Workshops for person’s with disabilities. About 1500 persons with disabilities shall be empowered.
• Phase5- Organization of Workshops for hospital staff and administrators. About 500 staff and employees shall be educated and trained and 1 seminar for Hospital safety with participation of experts and practitioners.
• Phase6- Organization of 1 Seminars on Urban Risks Reduction with equal participation by people in local governance and communities. (Including experts, NGO’s practitioners, local government’s representatives and corporate managers and people.
• Phase7- Organization of 25 workshops for 2500 Traffic Police personnel of Mumbai.
Similar Campaign being launched as "Urban Risk Reduction Jaipur Initiative in Feburary/March 2010.
Smt. Shraddha Jadhav Mayor of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai supports the campaign and joins as champion of the cause of Urban Risk Reduction Mumbai Initiative. Also addresses principal of Municipal Corporation Schools to support the campaign with partnership for “Safer Schools”. Her letter of encouragement and photographs can be seen.
Mrs. Shraddha Jadhav with Colonel N M Verma Director General
Mrs. Shraddha Jadhav addressing the principals of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai schools at her residence on 2 January 2010 to be partners in schools safety campaign by Saritsa Foundation
Principal of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai schools at an address by the Mayor for Safer Schools at her residence
Smt. Shraddha Jadhav joints as champion of the cause – The Letter--
Director General Saritsa Foundation and Prof. Smita Kadam, Executive Director of Saritsa Foundation had oral presentation at 2nd Disaster Management Congress organized by NIDM, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India at Vigyan Bhawan New Delhi from 4 November to 6 November 2009. Titles of the papers presented were- “People’s Partnership Power to respond to disasters - A Mobile Campaign by Saritsa Foundation across 12 states of India from Kanya Kumari, Tamilnadu to Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh – A Case Study
By Colonel N M Verma and “Empowering and Mainstreaming Women for reducing risks from disaster and climate change” – A case study of Mumbai slums and disadvantages women of Nashik District By Prof. Smita KadamSome of the photograph:-
Ms Margareta Wahlstrom, Assistant-Secretary-General and Special Representative for the Implementation of the Hyogo Framework - ISDR Secretriate meeting Prof. Smita Kadam Executive Director of Saritsa Foundation who briefed her about Urban Risk Reduction Mumbai Initiative launched by Saritsa Foundation and plans to launch similar campaign for Safer Jaipur
Colonel Nagar M Verma being presented a memento by Deputy Director NIDM
Colonel Nagar M Verma Presenting A paper
Safer School Feb.26.2010
Police personnel in a workshop.
Five Star Hotel Mgt. Staff during prepaidness training session by Saritsa Foundation.
A team of trainees after complition of the training.
A Woman, front office staff of the Resort learning how to use fire extinguisher.
Change Makers - Children and Parant of Dharavi Slums at a worshop for Minimizing Risk From Climate Change and Disaster 06 May 2010.
A faculty of Saritsa Foundation showing the technic of CPR.